12.24.2005

Christmas is gone....on this side of the world

It's almost 4 am and in this part of the world (Romania), Christmas is gone. Two more weeks and I'll be back in Indiana (USA), back in school, back to everyone.
How, or who is going back is the question though...

While I was snowboarding yesterday, i felt once again the frustration of not being able to scape my torture. Blinded by the snow and the fogg, i was forced to keep going until I reached the bottom of the mountain. My back ached, my wrists hurt, and the snow was way too deep. A couple of tears watered my tired eyes as I struck the snow in a futile attempt to let my frustration be known. None of that was helpful. My only option was to get up and keep going. I reached the bottom, and soon, those watery eyes up there on the mountain seemed silly and somewhat a part of the coward me.....

Today, as if yesterday wasn't enough, I realized how much my ego could hurt. As if a comment or a "hello" mattered that much. Who knows what's going trough people's heads...I don't. Still...how much importance a place on "hello's" or "how are you's" (i don't think that made sense......oh well...)

I won't go to bed yet...I will look out the window...and wondered how many "hello's" or "goodbye's" Jesus didn't receive....then, probably mine will shrink before my eyes and life will go on....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Keren, I liked this blogg...I think I could write a sermon on the snowboard story...but I just wanted to let ya know that i love ya!!!
Love,Jess

1/07/2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home