7.17.2006

b-day whishes

long time no see...
but today is a special day.
it's the b-day...hurray!...20 doesn't feel that different..it never does.

i've been thinking..and remember how exciting your b-day was back in the day?
i would wait for it for 6 months..and it would take forever to get here!..hahah
i would wake up at 6 am..and wait in my bed until my parents woke up and came to sing happy b-day.
everytime i heard them move, i would jump under my blanket and pretend i was asleep.

hahah
they never knew i was pretending to be asleep until I told them last year...that is funny.

well, one more year...it was a good one...lots of laughter..a good share of tears...more than enough lessons learned...but the best part...I felt my God holding my hand.
I didn't opened presents today, but i opened so many presents last year...
I got a mentor, a supportive staff that eventually turned into a circle of friends...

Some old stuff broke and i had to throw them away...but it was time for that stuff to go. So, it's all good.

much more happened...but i bet you don't have to read it...
so let me give you the 5 sec version.
My God was more than faithful last year, and I wasn't really that faithfull to him. Still he gives me another year to hold His hand and walk with him.
Can't wait...
new year...here we go!

1 Comments:

Blogger BEGT said...

Happy birthday muchachita! Facebook led me here, you write beautifully! I love that last poem "silence"

take care~
Bertha

7/19/2006 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home